Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dear Readers,

I've had an uneventful week for the most part. But my life here is filled with many little things that make me laugh. Today I decided to relax and hang out in my room - kind of secluded myself by setting a date with a good book.

Later when I decided to go downstairs, everyone was gone! In the TV room I saw Marie our housemaid watching TV.

"Quin! Come, come!" She gestured.
Gingerly I slugged over, grabbed a pillow and sat down. She was watching a Bollywood show in Hindi, with arabic subtitles. Marie and I both seem to have an affinity for Indian shows so we were pleased.

After about 5 minutes of watching the show and being able to get the gist of what the actors were saying to each other, I turned to look at Marie.

She looked back at me.

"Maire?"

"Yes?"

"Do you have any idea of what they are saying?"

She responded with a sheepish smile and a shake of her head. I laughed out loud, and she joined in. We were laughing together for a good minute or two.

"I have no clue either!!" I told her.

Then we went back to watching it, even more amused trying to guess what the characters were saying.


These little moments make all my troubles disappear, and make me feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment