Monday, November 14, 2011

Bugs Love Me

Dear Readers,

Two nights ago, as I lay awake in bed trying to go to sleep, I couldn't help the feeling of bugs crawling all over me. There was an ant problem in my bathroom, and earlier, I had been chasing after ants, trying to eradicate as many as possible.

So that night, while I was laying there, I tried to ignore the feeling of the tiny ants crawling all over me and just go to sleep.

"Its your imagination, go to sleep!" I said to myself.

But at that moment, I felt something soft tickle my hand.
 "What in the world....." I immediately sat up in an instance, and started to fling my hand all over the room, as if I just burnt it on the stove.

After turning on the lights I found the culprit tickler. A little brown bug was lying on the wall. With my sharp ninja skills I grabbed a shoe and squashed it, feeling a bit better. But then I turned back to my bed, and saw another sneaky brown bug scurry across my blanket, like there was no problem at all with it being there!
Another fight took place, and I am sorry to say my 2nd battle was lost. The other brown bug hid under my 500 lb. dresser. I commenced a stake-out, waiting for it to come out of hiding so I could squash it. I sat there for a good 5 minutes in my PJ's and running shoes, with a magazine in one hand and an old shoe in the other.
Though, the little devil never did come out from hiding. Exhausted, yet braver, I went back to bed, and finally fell asleep.

Though, nothing can really compare to the humor of the cricket crawling into my pants last night.
I went to meet some friends from church. Walking into their house, I saw a black cricket in the doorway and felt I should move it outside. With my foot a gracefully (or so I thought) swiped it out the door. I continued, walking through their kitchen, meeting all the family.....then walking into the living room. Suddenly I felt something jump. Then it jumped again, and then again!! Needless to say, I performed a really awesome dance for them, and made a memorable first impression! The poor little cricket survived with a head injury, but did finally make it outside. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment